General presentation of Africa Future
Africa Future is a humanitarian non governmental organization that fights poverty in Africa, mostly in Cameroon.
- Attentive to a holistic approach, of the human being, (body mind and soul), Africa future accompanies those of its people truly decided to rally in their own struggle to pull out of their misery.
Supported exclusively by volunteers in Germany, Canada and France, Africa Future counts on its 70 salaried employees in Cameroon to provide livelihood to 700 persons.
Serious and efficient, Africa Future is acknowledged and co-financed by National and International Institutions (CIDA, COOPERATION FRANCAISE, MISSIO, MISEREOR, U.E…..)
Africa Future signed an agreement with the government of the Republic of Cameroon, establishing a regional office for Central Africa in Yaoundé. To this day Africa Future has intervened on punctual projects in the Democratic Republic of Congo and in Angola but its main activity is in Cameroon.
AFRICA FUTURE, what achievements ?
- 250 km of dirt roads created or restored
- 100 works of art (bridges and culverts)
Health care :
- 3 hospitals and 6 dispensaries
Schooling: - vocational education :
- 2 school complexes (kindergarten, primary and secondary)
- 1 trade school, agricultural school, horticultural school, and a palm tree plantation
- Financial assistance to some students or to trainees
- Fabricated with bricks made from dirt+sand+cement and sun dried
Promotion of women in rural areas :
- Comprised of 50 committees of women from various villages, duly constituted and autonomous. Micro projects are supervised and financed by AFRICA FUTURE
Welcome and resource centers :
- 3 welcome centers (Mbankolo-Yaounde, Kribi, Ngodi-Si)
AFRICA FUTURE, since when ?
Since February 15, 1985, Africa Future totals 22 years of existence.
AFRICA FUTURE, operation costs ?
Reduced to a minimum, the operating costs for AFRICA FUTURE, as « en occident » does not exceed 7%.
The association is supported exclusively by volunteers. Its only costs are fixed costs such as rent, postage, publicity, etc.